The name Ayusas is derived by combining AYU for Ayurveda and Sas from Saans (Hindi for breath).
How much menthol is in Ayusas drops?
Each Lozenges has a different menthol level. This is why some drops are good for coughs, some are more effective for sore throats, and others work well on both. To view the menthol amounts for each drop, Please consult product label.
Are Ayusas products safer for pregnant women?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please consult your health professional before using our products.
Dosage of Ayusas 2 in 1 drops
Adults – one – two drops 3-4 times a day as and when required.
What is the recommended dosage of Ayusas cough Syrup?
Children – 1 teaspoonful (5ml) 2-4 times daily. Adults – 1 - 2 teaspoonful (5- 10 ml) 2-4 times daily. Or as directed by the physician.
When do I call the doctor about cold symptoms?
Except in newborns, colds aren't dangerous. The symptoms usually go away without any special treatment.
But when you're sick it can wear down your body's resistance making you more open to an infection by a bacteria.
What if my symptoms go away and resurface again?
If you thought you recovered from your illness but your symptoms reappeared shortly after, it could be a sign of a rebound illness or "superinfection".
You may have had a cold initially, but once your immune system was compromised, you could have developed something more serious. Please consult your physician .
If I have cough or cold after a big international trip should I see a doctor?
Recent international travel is a red flag for doctors because it could mean you have a less-conventional infection they wouldn’t have normally considered.
It’s important to see a doctor if you have any symptoms after returning from a trip abroad.
Does high fever generally accompany a cold?
It is possible to have a fever along with a cold, but they’re not common—especially high ones. If you have a fever at or above 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
Most patients with strep will develop a high fever in the first few days of illness, so be wary of sudden spikes in your temperature. "Strep throat is one thing you really want to distinguish from a cold," she says. "Left untreated, it can cause rheumatic fever and lead to serious heart problems."
How do you pronounce Ayusas?
It is pronounced as, AYOO-SAAS
My product does not have an expiration date – How do i know when it expires?
If you don’t see a regular expiration date on your package of Ayusas, then please dispose of the product.
Ayusas Cough Drops have a two-year shelf life if stored in a cool, dry place.
Are Ayusas Cough Drops/Syrup vegan or animal product free?
Ayusas does not use any animal derived ingredients in our products. However, our flavor range includes products that contain honey, which may or may not be considered vegan depending on one’s definition.
These substances are always listed in the ingredients on the back of our Carton/Pillow pack, as well as on our products webpage.
Are Ayusas Cough Drops/Syrup organic?
Ayusas is not classified as organic, but we use high quality natural ingredients in our products. For a complete list of all the ingredients and nutritional information for our drops, please visit our products webpage.
When should I consult a Doctor?
You don't need medical care for the average cough or sore throat. You often just need to give your body time to recover.
Most are caused by viruses which antibiotics can’t treat. However, some coughs and sore throats do need help from a doctor. You could be dealing with something more serious. If you have a cough with any of these symptoms, see a doctor:
Shortness of breath
Coughing up blood, bloody mucus, or pink foamy mucus
Coughing up green, tan, or yellow mucus
Fever, chills, or chest pain when you breathe deeply
How to Treat a cough from a cold or the flu?
You can’t cure colds or the flu, most are viral infections, but you can relieve the cough and sore throat that sometimes comes with them.
• Drink up. Sipping on drinks will keep your throat moist and comfortable. When your throat doesn't hurt, you may not cough. Just about any drink is OK except alcohol or caffeinated drinks. Those can dry you out. Also avoid orange juice and other citrus drinks if they bother your throat.
• Heat up that drink. Sip some warm tea or soup to heat up your airways. Not only will it hydrate you, but the warmth helps break up mucus and makes it easier to cough up.
• Use natural cough medicine. Ayusas cough syrup can help you cough up mucus. Cough suppressants reduce your urge to cough. If you're not sure which kind you need, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Try steam inhalations. If a raw, dry throat is making you cough, moisture may help. Try breathing in steam from a hot shower. Or use a humidifier or vaporizer in your room while you sleep. The steam can keep your nose and throat from being too dry and get rid of that back-of-the-throat tickle. The moisture can also ease your breathing and loosen mucus, helping you cough it up.
• Avoid dirty air. You know smoke isn’t good for you, but it’s especially bad when you're sick. It can really irritate your cough. Don't smoke, and stay away from others who are smoking.
• Rest. If you want to get rid of your cold and cough, you need to take it easy. Your body needs energy to fight off the virus. Push yourself too hard and it will just exhaust you and stress you out. That can make your cold, cough, and sore throat hang around longer.
• Gargle with salt water. Mix a teaspoon of salt in 250 ml of warm water and gargle. Do it several times a day. Alternatively use the Ayusas lemon and herb-salt herbal drops.
Can I rely on any home remedies to treat a common cold and cough?
Many Indian households still believe in and trust home remedies to cure a common cold and cough. Besides treating common cold and cough effectively,
these home remedies, being primarily herbal and natural, are free from any side-effects. Below, we mention some home remedies that help treat a common cold and cough.
Ginger tea not only tastes good but also helps in treating common cold and cough. The tea helps in drying running and dripping nose by expelling phlegm from the respiratory tract.
•Mixture of lemon, cinnamon and honey:
Another effective home remedy for common cold and cough is a mixture of lemon, cinnamon and honey. This syrup effectively cures cold and cough.
•How to make the syrup:
In a half spoon of honey, add a few drops of lemon and a pinch of cinnamon. Have this syrup twice a day to cure common cold and cough.
Drink luke-warm water frequently as it helps in fighting against common cold, cough and sore throat. Warm water reduces inflammation in the throat and helps in replenishing the fluids of the body.
•Milk and turmeric:
An essential ingredient found in almost all Indian kitchens, turmeric is a strong antioxidant which helps in treating many health problems. Turmeric mixed in warm milk is a popular and effective way to fight against cold and cough. Drinking a glass of warm turmeric milk before sleeping helps in faster recovery from cold and cough.
•Gargle with salt-water:
This is an age-old therapy that effectively treats cough and cold. Adding turmeric in this salt-water is also beneficial.